Remote Assistant 2.2 Connection Problem
Connection to Windows 8.1 laptop is acting very strangely.
1. Encrypted and unattended access both selected on the remote, encryption key entered on local system. Still requires pin on every access and pin changes after every reboot.
2. Selected 99 days for pin change on remote. still changes pin on every reboot.
3. Remote must be signed on locally before Cloudberry Remote access is possible.
4. While installing Windows Updates on remote, got the message that pin was invalid in the middle of the session where pin had already been successfully entered.
5. When performing administrative tasks, such as uninstalling a program, or changing Windows features, remote access hangs and whatever the task is must be completed on the remote system.
The background is that the remote system (HP laptop) had a hard drive failure and had to do a complete recovery. All of these issues occurred while trying to apply all of the Windows updates remotely.
I love Cloudberry Remote and have had none of these problems communicating with other laptops running Windows 10, so I was extremely surprised when these things happened. Keep up the good work!