• danharner
    We are going to start using CB for several different instances. Multiple Vsphere Hosts, a few desktop agents, etc. These will all be backed up to a Synology 12 disk NAS and also to Azure.
    There are several clients/hosts that we will want to be able to restore to Azure in case of an emergency situation. I've somewhat set up some Folders on the NAS to keep things a tad bit cleaner. For example a folder for Desktops (that will have the agents actually installed), File Servers, Images, and VM's.

Does anyone have any other recommendations before i start backing up around 100 vm's, hosts, etc?
  • Alex V
    Hi Dan,

This is Alex from Client Onboarding team.

As the best practices, I would recommend you to use a single shared folder on NAS or container in Azure to store all your backups. CloudBerry Backup keeps backups in the folder structure like MBS_User / Computer_Name / Backup_Type. They are all separated and you don't need to split them manually.

If you want to backup files/images/VMs to two destinations (hybrid mode), I suggest you create two backup plans (local and cloud). Schedule only local backup plan to start at the appointed time and chain cloud backup plan to run when local one is finished. It will prevent you from a situation in the hybrid mode when cloud backup plan is still running and local cannot be started.

Please prepare your Azure environment for successful VM restore according to the following article.
    https://kb.cloudberrylab.com/cloud-vendors/microsoft-azure/preparing-azure-for-virtual-machine-restore

Note that VMs/Images with UEFI boot / Generation 2 type are not supported in Azure.
  • abhinavsingh009
    Thanks for giving such good thoughts.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 (CloudBerry) Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!