• David Rossiter
    I'm trying to do the following, and despite lots of reading, I can't see how to do it. This is files/folders only.

1. Do a full backup weekly to rotating USB-connected disks (2 drives).
    2. Do a nightly differential backup (or incremental if the volume gets too large) to S3 cloud that is relative to the last full backup. The last full backup will not be attached during the differential/incremental backup as it will be stored offsite.

Can you guide me on one or more backup plans to accomplish my needs?

• MattAccepted Answer

1) To set this up you'd need to perform some modifications of the plan:
    - Go to the settings folder(C:\ProgramData\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup by default)
    - Find the .cbb file of that plan and edit it with a notepad
    - Change <SyncBeforeRun>false</SyncBeforeRun> to <SyncBeforeRun>true</SyncBeforeRun>
    That would be all.

2)This is not something we currently support. The software needs to know what was already uploaded to keep only differentials on storage side, and in your case full will be placed on your USB drives, so there's nothing to scan for uploading differentials.

I can only suggest running 2 separate plans: one for local destination, and the other one for cloud. After the first full upload you'll only be transferring files that were changed, that shouldn't be a big issue if your internet connection is decent.
  • David Rossiter
    Thanks for your reply Matt. Unfortunately, my internet upload is < 4mbps and capped at 300GB/mo. It takes multiple days to do a full upload. I don't know exactly how long, because it has never completed. I suspect at least a week. I'll likely be looking for another tool.
  • Matt
    Thanks for informing us. Let me know if you if you still require any assistance regarding our software.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 (CloudBerry) Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!