• praxidice
    is it possible for CloudBerry to access a remote unattended computer without relying on an IP address. What I'm talking about is like TeamViewer does but without the underhanded shenanigans to force users into subscription. The reason I wish to avoid reliance on an IP address is security ... I am regularly attacked by a corrupt official entity I offend constantly and a changing private IP introduces an additional difficulty for the scum.
  • praxidice
    FWIW, I have two separate requirements, first of which is a remote computer behind a firewall and used by an individual with a communications issue. Once a week or so I need to assist this user by logging in to the computer and doing tasks when it is impossible to communicate what I need to get the user to do. Note particularly that I have a totally legitimate EPOA to manage the user's affairs.

Second situation involves management of two unattended remote computers monitoring an off-grid power system and a grid-connected PV system. Most of the time its simply a matter of checking battery voltage, load and PV output.

I have administrator access to all remote computers.

Before TeamViewer, I was running a fixed public IP on the latter computers and using RDP to connect, however that proved to be a red rag to the official scum. If all else fails, I may need to return to RDP but implementing a number of hardening measures. TeamViewer does what I need, but presently the company is attempting to harass 'free' users onto an extortionate subscription arrangement.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 (CloudBerry) Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!