• Matthew Carter
    Hi all, i am unsure if this is in the correct category, however we are using cloud berry ultimate edition on our Windows Server OS's. We are backing up to AWS S3 buckets.

We are wanting to start implementing a monthly backup verification / testing our backups. However going through the forum i could not find much on procedures for this.

1st question, the MD5 Checksum option, i read a post on here that kind of suggested what this is used for, however just wanted to make sure i understood this correctly, if i enable this feature, this will ensure that the backup has completed successfully and integrity of the backup is good?.

2nd question, how does everyone test the recovery procedure, basically if we ever have an issue where we need to restore from a backup, i want to know exactly what needs to happen, the eta of restore and procedures etc. The only way i am aware of doing this is to do a restore to a lab server. Do others do this?
  • IvanS
    Hi ,
    1. This feature is checking the storage provider's checksum with the local one and ensures that data is not corrupted traversing the network.
    2. Starting from Windows backup version 6.1 we provide the restore verification feature that creates and runs a test restore plan for the image-based backups. It lets you check the backup integrity before restoring the full backup to a real Windows machine.
    For more details please refer to our blog section
    https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/restore-verification-msp360-backup-6-1/
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 (CloudBerry) Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!