• Christopher
    I have tested out MSP360 Remote Desktop and it seems like a great product. I would like to use it in a LAN only configuration. Meaning, it does not connect to MSP360's servers to obtain an ID and PIN--it just allows the administrator to configure a listening port and authentication mechanism. This would be similar to how VNC or TeamViewer's "accept LAN connections" mode works.

This request is because the systems I want to control simply don't have internet access. I would like to VPN into my network, open MSP360 Remote Desktop on my PC, enter the IP address and password of the system I would like to control, and connect.

While MSP360 Remote Desktop offers the Direct Connection option today, which listens on TCP 5975, the product never starts listening on this port unless it has an internet connection and has obtained an ID and PIN. Likewise, the client side of the application does not allow the end user to enter an IP address--only an ID.

Is there any plan to add this feature to RD? If yes, do you have a timeline? If no, can I ask why not? It would be very useful and make RD a much more competitive offering to TeamViewer. Thank you!
  • David Gugick
    I have added your request to the open feature request. The feature is not yet scheduled, but the more customers request it, the quicker it will get implemented. Thanks for the feedback.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment