• David Stewart
    Just wondering if CloudBerry has or intends to add support for AWS S3 Glacier Deep Archive? Can't find it as an option when adding a new account...
  • Andy
    Please check out here about Glacier Deep Archive
    https://www.cloudberrylab.com/resources/blog/amazon-s3-glacier-deep-archive-support-in-cloudberry-backup-and-explorer/

please note that Glacier Deep Archive option is only available as an Amazon S3 storage option and not for the Glacier direct mode.
  • Chasim
    Although this might be more of an AWS question... a large portion of my storage is videos which I currently backup to Amazon S3 with an immediate transition to Glacier. I basically will keep these forever and generally have no need to access them. However, I do run the backup once per month, so my question is whether Amazon Glacier Deep Archive would be a viable option given that I essentially never use these files, but Cloudberry will "access" them monthly?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.
  • Andrewm
    I am also thinking of doing the same - how do you get the Linux cloudberry to backup direct to deep archive ? What is the syntax to setup this storage option from the cli ?
  • Anton Zorin
    Our app will not touch them monthly. We check the source with what we have in our repository (local metadatabase, which was developed exactly for such cases).

./cbb editBackupPlan -n "plan name goes here" -amazonStorageClass glacier

Possible values: standard(default), standardIA, oneZoneIA, glacier, intelligent, deepArchive.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 (CloudBerry) Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!