Retention Plan and Backblaze
David, I may have to back off my earlier criticism regarding documentation - I've found some pretty useful information about the CBB repository today. That said, I do have these additional questions I hope you can help with. I appreciate your assistance.
1. Before I even knew there was a repository I was doing a lot of testing. I would create and run a backup plan, do a restore, and delete the backup data using Windows explorer, and delete the test backup plans. I have now executed the "shrink database" but I assume there are a lot of leftovers in the repository. Is there a way to reset it before I start from anew with my real backup plans?
2. Recall I am backing up my PC to my Synology NAS and to Backblaze B2. As insurance against ransomware I would like to perform regular BTRFS Snapshots of my NAS backup folder. Then, if my CBB backup on the NAS becomes encrypted, I would roll back to a snapshot prior to the infection so I could restore my PC from the NAS. But then the backup would be out of sync with the CBB repository. Am I correct that I would need to Sync the repository before restoring to the PC? I've read some older posts where users had problems with large syncs failing. Hopefully that is a problem that has been resolved. Any best practice recommendations for the scenario I describe?
3. Assume I have 2TB backed up on Backblaze B2 and in the future decide to move to a different cloud service. What is the most efficient way to delete all of B2 backup information from the repository? I hope it is as easy as deleting the backup plan in CBB and shrinking the repository.
4. Can I safely convert a local files backup plan to a hybrid plan?
5. Can I safely change encryption or compression settings in a backup plan after it has been run?