• Stratos Misinezis
    Hello.
    I am try to figure out what is the best way to do. I have a folder where database backups fall. I want to run once a week a plan to pick data only for one day, the day it runs and keep 4 backups of these databases to cloud.
  • David Gugick
    Can you confirm if you are using SQL Server as the database? If so, are you using the SQL Server support in CloudBerry Backup or are you running backups on your own and looking to sweep them up with CloudBerry file-based backup?

CloudBerry has an edition that can back up SQL Server and manage all your retention automatically. We leverage the native SQL Server backup capabilities and then seamlessly move those backups to the cloud.

If you're using a different database or choosing to run SQL Server backups on your own, you could consider using the same backup name each time you run a backup and then run CloudBerry daily - telling it to retain the last 4 copies of the backup. If your database backup fails, CloudBerry will not back up anything new. If it succeeds, we'll grab the updated file and back it up. Of course, this assumes you're only running full database backups and not transaction log or differential backups. If you are, then having CloudBerry manage this with the SQL Server edition is easiest.
  • Stratos Misinezis
    It is a custom database. What I did is this:http://prntscr.com/ilwj2s and this http://prntscr.com/ilwjfg expecting that if run the backup on monday night would take the 5 databases only and if runs for 4 weeks I would have a month's database in cloud.
  • David Gugick
    What you have chosen is to only back up files that have changed more than 1 day ago. I don't think that's what you want based on your original post. That option is for customers who do not want every save / change of a file backed up. Instead, CloudBerry would only back up the file after X days have passed to eliminate many backups of interim versions. On the retention, you have indicated you want to keep backups for 1 month. Assuming each backup file has a unique name and you run backups once a week, that will keep about 4 per month, as you require.
  • Stratos Misinezis
    Since I am doing a local backup every day there is not a requirement to have all these databases in cloud. Thus one copy of these per week it is enough for my plan. Sorry if I misleaded in my beginning post.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment