• Jabes
    Hi:

I'm trying to configure FTP destination backup but can't find the option! Can someone point me to it?

I currently have Arq configured this way (FTP server on my synology NAS) because it saves problems with network share reconnection from my machines.

Best wishes
    James
  • Anton Zorin
    , please explain, why not too configure to back up to Synology NAS as a local filesystem?
    As for the FTP connector, it was deprecated and we're thinking if this is something worth efforts.

Alternatively, you can run S3 compatible storage with Min.io right on you NAS box:
    https://docs.min.io/docs/minio-gateway-for-nas.html

Thanks
  • Jabes
    Hi Anton

I swapped to FTP because the credentials can be stored in the backup system and therefore the connection status before/after backup is not a concern. It also meant that things worked more evenly over VPN connections. The only real problem I've had with Arq is that the backup verification/budget process (monthly) drags my mac to a near standstill.

S3 compatible, eg - min.io - would be better if it were out of the box on the synology. I have installed the min.io docker component now but this means Arq may get a reprieve - I'll see what the performance is like via this route before continuing my cloudberry trial.

Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet