• moonslice
    When I first sent up CB RA - it worked great. I could login any time to the remote PC without needing anything.

Now it's asking for a PIN each time.

Why did that change, and what setting do I need on the remote PC "incoming connection" to make it work without having to enter a PIN each time?
  • Sergey N
    Hello,

In this case, I would suggest setting up the Unattended Access to avoid entering the PIN every time or use the new Custom Password feature.
  • moonslice
    1) How come it never asked for the PIN for the first 3 days I used it, but now it does ask?

2) If I set a Custom Password, will I have to enter the Password each time?

It was better when CB RA was fully unattended access, (like TeamViewer is) - where if the incoming settings said to always allow, then the host pc didn't ever have to do anything.
  • Sergey N

It is really hard to say.

1) There are so many possible scenarios why it happened like that. From my POV it really looks like the settings have been reset

2) Custom password is an alternative for the PIN, basically, a way to have a constant PIN instead of dynamically generated.

The unattended access is still here and working properly, try setting it up again. It should resolve the issue.
  • Arnaud
    Hi there,

I'll appreciate your help to get my set-up working:
    I have two computers running W7 under my desk, both linked to my local network and having access to Internet.
    One of those do not have any screen/mouse/keyboard and I like to access it from the second one.
    I have installed Remote Assistant 2.2.0.47 on both of them.

Question No1:
    How to get the unattended computer starting Remote Assistant automatically at startup...
    Shortcut in the start folder of the programs list ? or just choosing "Allow unatended access" in the option pannel "security" will do the job ? or something else ?

Question No2:
    I don't have any problem to type in a password to start a session (although I'll prefer to avoid it !) but I can't use changing pins because I can't visualize the last one...
    I've typed a customed password but connection using it is refused...
    How do I solve that ?

Many thanks for your help !
  • Sergey N
    Question No1Arnaud
    and
    Question No2Arnaud
    are covered by one feature, called - Unattended Access. You can find more info and a step-by-step guide on how to set up this feature here:

https://help.cloudberrylab.com/cloudberry-remote-assistant/using-remote-assistant/encryption-and-unattended-access

As a side note, Custom Password feature is the alternative to everchanging PIN, Unattended Access would only work with an encryption key.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment