• Steve Putnam
    I see in the latest versions of the Client console that the Block Level setting in Advanced Options panel has been replaced by Incremental and Block level settings in the Advanced Recurring Schedule panel.
    I am guessing that you chose to use the term "Incremental" instead of "full", since many/most people think of "fulls" as a complete new backup of all of the files, when in fact, you are only uploading the files (in their entirety) that have changed since the last "Incremental" aka full. We used to call this "Incremental forever" and it took a while for us old timers, who were used to tape backups, to grasp the concept.
    So I have no issue with the new wording, or the changes to the settings location, but it might be good to have some explanation as to what the changes are in a little more detail than just what typically would be a one line saying "changes to Block level/Full settings".
  • Matt
    Yes, you're correct regarding nomenclature. We're already working on additional tool tips to explain the change.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment