• AndrewIntegralinvest
    Hello guys,

I use CloudBerry Desktop edition to backup to S3 (AWS) and I was running on version 3.x.x so I decided that was time for an update and about 20 days ago I changed the system to a VM and updated to 6.1.2.34 so far so good.

This week I got my Amazon bill and it was much more expensive tham normal because of a huge traffic and I noticed that CB was deleting every single file before running the plan, I tested with small folders and it runs fine but on folders over 500mb it deletes everthing and upload again.

in my backup plan I want to do a full backup manually and an incremental everyday.
    I got about 1TB Total

Any Ideias?

Tks
  • Matt
    If the cloud portion of data is still intact try syncing the repository via tools > options > repository. After that retry running the plan.
  • AndrewIntegralinvest
    Hello Matt, the cloud data is erased after finishing the job there are some random folders that CB keep there but no files.
  • Matt
    You mentioned that the software is "deleting every single file before running the plan". Purge only happens upon successful backups, never before any operation, so that's unusual. Do you have "delete files that have been deleted locally" enabled for this plan? Have you tried syncing the repository?
  • AndrewIntegralinvest
    I'm running the sync right now.

Yes, I do have the delete files that have been deleted locally option enable, I asked to keep deleted files for 10 days.
  • Matt
    Check purge operations on the history tab(you can switch view to "files") and compare with what you actually have on storage side(outside of our software), maybe the problem is in that option.
  • AndrewIntegralinvest
    Matt, After sync I managed to keep the files in the cloud but now when I delete some file it don't warning me that the file will be deleted after X days.

Do I need to keep syncing after X days or something like that?
  • Matt
    The change is likely caused by the update, a lot of things changed since version 3/[(I believe that was about 5 years ago), so the repository work has also been changed.

Here's what I suggest:
    1. Make sure that repository sync is finished.
    2. Re-create the plan from scratch with the same identical parameters.
    3. Run the plan like usual.

The problem with the warning about file deletion is actually most likely related to repository being out of sync after update and some of the files no longer requiring purge.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment