• Chad Worthman
    Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if someone could provide insight into the data flow of hybrid backups.

I have a medium-sized SDWAN style environment with 12-15 Meraki managed networks with site to site VPN configured between them. I'm using Cloudberry MSP along with a Synology NAS at one of the locations (shared out to all the others) and a Wasabi storage account.

As a result, nightly backups throw a lot of bits around my site to site VPN connections.

When running a hybrid backup from any of the Windows servers (I'm not using the virtual edition or CBB), how is the data flowing between the server, the NAS and Wasabi?

Once the first stage compresses, encrypts, and copies data from the server to the NAS, how does the data make it to my cloud storage (Wasabi)?

Is the second stage backup sending files from the local server again? Is it copying files down from the NAS, then proxying them up to Wasabi through the local server?

I'm trying to figure out if the hybrid backup is generating more network traffic than simply running 2 individual backups.

Thanks...
  • Matt
    It's the latter, the files are sent to Wasabi from your NAS device after local upload.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment