• Brandon Eldred
    I go to Add Backup Plan for a Windows Remote deploy configuration, but every time I get stopped with an error under the "Pre/Post Actions" area. There is nothing selected in this area but I still get the same error message of "This option can't be switched on if you don't have plans to execute other than this one" located right above the "Execute the specified plan after the plan completes:"
  • Anton Zorin
    Hi ,
    Thanks for bringing this up. I saw it last Friday, but i thought i misclicked something.
    I’ll look into this. It must be a backup chain. It should bot be enabled by default.
    Looks like you have just 1 plan and there’s nothing you can chain at the moment.
    I’ll keep you posted.
    Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    You can ignore that message. It only indicates as Anton said that there are no other plans that you can select to create a backup chain. The configuration will save correctly.
  • Brandon Eldred
    Actually, the error prompt is present even before I make any choices and also on a new Remote Deploy as well. I would ignore it like I have tried by it seems that hitting Save does nothing, and thus doesn't save and go back out to the previous screen so I can save the config as a whole. So i'm stuck.
  • David Gugick
    I just tried it and was able to save. Can you list your exact steps and we'll try and repro here.
  • Brandon Eldred
    From the plane dashboard I click on "RMM", and choose "Remote Deploy" from the drop down. Under the "Configurations" tab I choose to "Create New" or if you have one listed already for Windows you can click on "Edit". On the next page click on the "Add Backup Plan" and choose "Backup Files Plan" from the drop down. Try to edit the config or even not edit it the "Save" at the bottom doesn't do anything. The "This option can't be switched on if you don't have plans to execute other than this one" is the only issue prompting itself under "Pre/Post Actions".
  • David Gugick
    I don't see the same issue and am able to Save. I'm wondering which browser you are using. I tried using Chrome.
  • Brandon Eldred
    Chrome and Firefox both had the same issue for me.
  • David Gugick
    Two options since I cannot reproduce using Chrome on Windows:
    1- Open a support case and work on the issue with the Support team
    2- Post the exact steps on a new Configuration. Every click and entry (you can obfuscate actual folder names and any other details that might be revealing). I'll try to repro using the same steps you post.

Thanks.
  • Brandon Eldred
    Turns out that I didn't have a backup source so it wasn't saving it.
  • David Gugick
    Thanks for the update. Let us know if you have any further questions.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment