• Davison
    I tried searching and couldn't find any clear info on the ability to create multiple backup plans that target the same storage destination (i.e. a system state image and a files backup plan both going to the same cloud destination). I could spend a lot of time trying to test on my own, but I'd like an official answer.

Given that it shows all defined storage destinations when creating a new backup plan (even if the storage destinations are already in use) it would seem that there should be no problems to target the same storage destination with multiple backup plans. However, I'm hesitant to do something that might corrupt existing backed up data or cause issues down the road. I'm also not sure what might happen multiple backup plans run at the same time while targeting the same destination.
  • Anton Zorin
    , thanks for your question.
    You can run several plans backing up to the same storage but only if the backup sets are different.

Technically, it would work even if you pick the same folder to backup in two plans. Let’s say for over plan you have 30 days retention and for the second plan you have 7 days retention. I’d run daily, the second plan will keep deleting backups older than 7 days and the first plan will never reach 30 days of recovery points.

Also, it’s a good practice to split a hard drive to smaller partitions, back up system partition with image based backup, data partitions with file-level backup or SQL our exchange backup if applicable.

Thanks
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet