• Oliver Stadler
    Hello all,

I want to backup my data to two different NAS each other day. So I have two different NAS, each waking up the other day, then Cloudberry or MSP360 should backup my data on the NAS.
    But each of the two NAS should have a complete and independent data set. I remember that there was a support article on the Cloudberry website some time ago, and that you have to run a commandline program (to reset or resnc timestamps?) before, but I cant find that article anymore.
    Could anybody here help me with that?

Thanks a lot!
    Best regards,
    Oli
  • Matt

Hi!

Yes, you need to synchronize the repository database before each run to achieve that.
    Go to C:\ProgramData\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup(that's the default location) find the .cbb file of the plan you want to sync, open it with Notepad, and look for <syncbeforerun> attribute. Change it to true and save the changes. That will be enough.
  • Oliver Stadler
    Hi Matt,

Thanks a lot, Matt! With your help and the information of all the support articles in the KB I began to wonder and to realize that I maybe thought to complicated :-)
    As there actually is a repository database for EACH backup plan I can achieve the same with TWO different backup plans.
    Now I plan to setup a backup plan for day 1,3,5 and 7 of the week, and another backup plan for day 2, 4 and 6. And each of these two backup plans saves data to each own NAS.

So if using two different backup plans there is no need for syncing the repository, right? And each NAS still has a complete set of data available, is that correct?

Thanks again for all your help, this is really appreciated!

Best regards,
    Oli
  • Matt
    Well, currently we use only one database, but it tracks file changes per destination, so if you're using 2 plans with each own destination you don't need to perform additional syncing, the software should work fine with the default parameters.
  • Oliver Stadler
    Thanks a lot, Matt!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube