• Bhesh Sejawal
    I have MSP360 Ultimate, I am taking local computer's file to S3 bucket, My problem is as below
    Is it possible to delete old files from local computers which are 1 year or older?
  • Anton Zorin
    Hi ,
    Please define what is “1 year or older”?
    The file creation date is earlier than 1 year ago or the file is in the cloud for more than 1 year?
    Thanks
  • Bhesh Sejawal
    Hi Anton Zorin,
    Thank you for your quick response!!

67pvbbuh7qwhzuod.png
    this screen shot is from local computer, I want to upload all files (red and green box) to S3, but I only want to delete green from local computer
  • Matt
    Those are log files with auto-generated names, which means that those will not be considered as versions, but simply as new files with 1 version each. Un-checking "Always keep the last version" option should solve the problem. Note that you might want to set up "delay purge" parameter in this case to make sure that no files are purged by accident.
  • Marcus O
    Matt, I wonder if you might have misread Bhesh's question? As I read it, he wants files to be deleted from the local computer, that is backup source, not from the backup target. If my reading is correct, he wants to use S3 as an archiving solution, not a backup as that's normally understood.
  • Matt
    Thank you, looks like I was indeed incorrect, sorry. Currently there's no such functionality on our software, so I can only suggest to delete the files via automatic Powershell script, or do it manually.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment