• Lukas
    Good Morning!
    I want to automatically backup new Hyper-V Machines into my backup relay (if i can call it like that).
    I did not find any information on this only, so my question is if you can do this or if you have to put every machine yourself into the backup?

Kind Regards
    Lukas
  • David Gugick
    You can purchase the VM agent which backs up Hyper-V at the host level and will dynamically detect all VMs.
  • Lukas
    thank you for your answer! Where can I see if it was already purchased? We have a license but I dont know if our license is enough to have the VM agent. Also is there a tutorial anywhere where i can check how to set up the agent?
  • David Gugick
    For help, refer to this link: https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup/backup/back-up-microsoft-hyper-v-virtual-machine

Are you using Managed Backup or stand-alone backup?

Also, DM me your registered email address if using stand-alone and I'll ask the team to check your licenses.
  • Lukas

I think we have stand-alone backup, i do most things myself. I did not implement it, I am just configuring the backups and recoveries.

Edit: Your link told me everything I already do but VM's still wont automatically get into my backups :/
  • David Gugick
    Are you saying you have the VM Edition and when you select the option to Back Up All Virtual Machines, some are not backed up?
  • Lukas

I can do this but as I said I have relays for specific types of VM's, for example I have one plan only for infrastructure machines and one for windows 10 machines. Now I want a new Windows 10 Machine how would I configure Cloudberry so that the Windows 10 machines gets put into the windows 10 machines Plan. Do you understand what I mean?
  • David Gugick
    If I understand, what you would need is an option to back up all VMs with an option to exclude some from the dynamically generate VM list? That way, you can have one plan for VM1 and VM2, another plan for VM3, and a third that backs up a full list of dynamically detected VMs with the exception of VM1, VM2, and VM3. Is that correct?

I do not think that is currently supported, but I'll go ahead and confirm with the team and, if it's not possible, I'll go ahead and add a new customer feature request to the feature tracking system.
  • Lukas

Yes! That is correct. Sorry for the bad explanation. I think I will look for a work around for the time beeing. Thank you very much! I will look forward to maybe seeing this feature :D
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment