• IsaacG
    Hi, I need to clear out some old vm backups to get some more space back, but I cannot just delete them piecemeal(there is no delete option, just file level restore, or restore). I can only delete the entire VM listing. It doesn't look easy to delete from the file system, so am wondering if there was any way to do this?

thanks!
  • Matt

Currently VM backups can only be entirely deleted from the backup storage tab.
  • IsaacG
    I see...thank you for the reply.
  • Kirk Alexander
    Following up on this discussion... is there yet a way to delete old "Full" VM backups individually from the backup storage tab? If not, how can this be achieved using another tool? We have some FULL backups that are taking up a lot of space that we need to delete. If we look in Cloudberry Explorer to delete these, the filenames are cryptic and would be dangerous for us to delete.

If the only way to delete old FULL VM backups is to delete the entire bucket, then that REALLY leaves us in a precarious position from the time we deleted to the time another FULL is made (could be several days).

Thank you -
  • IsaacG
    Hi Kirk, thanks. We too are plagued by this issue still. Deleting all vm backups would be difficult. Not sure if they are planning on a fix for this anytime soon....
  • David Gugick
    Can you describe what you need to delete from backup storage?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment