• David Davila
    Not sure if there is a specific section where "feature requests" should be submitted.... but would suggest adding an uninstall password if a hacker attempted to uninstalled the software from add/remove progs on the client. Not critical.... would be nice. thx.
  • David Gugick
    I'll bring this up with the team, but I think the best way to handle this is to ensure your users are running as limited Windows users so they cannot perform this function. I realize your question is more about a hacker who presumably gains administrative control, but the problem there is we uninstall all the time in order to perform upgrades which may cause administrative issues. And, I do not know if somehow preventing an uninstall via the Windows Installer from Control Panel is really going to provide any safety when a hacker has admin rights and can simply rename or delete critical files on the system needed for backups to run properly. Can you describe your particular use case in more detail?
  • David Davila
    Hi David, you are correct.... if a hacker has console or file level access to the server, they could rename/delete files. Ok, go ahead and remove my feature request. thx for the speedy response.
  • David Gugick
    I'll note the request for future discussion. It may help open up the discussion for possible future security enhancements. Thanks for the feedback.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment