• Uli
    As MSP we monitor failed login attempts on all networks that we manage and our PSA gets full of tickets daily caused by Cloudberry backup agent as it uses the machine or user credentials first before attempting to use designated credentials set in the storage locations.

We have LAN shared USB drives that are mounted and shared from one machine then other machines will backup to this shared location ok; but doing so causes these failed login attempts on the host machine.

Cloudberry support says that not many others have this issue so its not important to fix. I'd say if we setup a storage location with credentials then the backup agent should use these storage credentials first and foremost.

Does anyone else have this issue with failed login attempts? .. Every MSP should be monitoring failed login attempts so you may have this issue too?
  • David Gugick
    I'll check with engineering.
  • gwassenaar
    Same here. I agree completely with Uli.

It makes monitoring for suspicious logins so much harder than necessary.

Kindly make Cloudberry first use the credentials set for the storage before falling back to default credentials.
  • David Gugick
    If you are seeing this behavior, then I need you to open a support case. The team was unable to reproduce the issue and asked me to ask you the following:

Please instruct the customer to
    1) Enable High-Level Logging from Options - Logging
    2) Send the logs via Tools | Diagnostic toolbar option
    3) Mention "Vlad L" in the ticket so it gets assigned to him
    4) Turn Logging back to Low
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url