• Lawrence Rubanka
    Hello,

I am strugling to complete a backup for an 80GB VM image file. The backup job ends with the Fatal Error Occured message, "Error on process some files."

The detail report shows that the CBB file backs up OK. The faild IMG file lists "The server has waited too long for the request to be sent by the client."

This is a single-file backup job using block level backup. This is the first full backup pass of this file.

I am running the Linux version 3.0.0.100 in a docker container under Unraid. I have the thread count set to 5 and the chunk size set to 5MB. I've allowed 10GB (10240MB) memory. I see my full upload bandwidth being utilised (8.5Mbps). I have tried throttling cloud bandwidth to 400KBps with no change in results.

I use compression and encryption.

I am writing to IDrive Cloud via the Open Stack API.

Small file (<10GB files have been tested) backups and restores work fine.

I have three VMs, one Linux, two Windows 10, with vdisk.img files of 30, 60 and 80GB respectively.

Can anyone provide any guidance on where I may be going wrong?

Thanks,
    Lawrence
  • David Gugick
    Are you saying there is at least one IMG file that is the cause? Can you post the exact error you are seeing (screenshot)? Is it possible that file is in use by another process?
  • Lawrence Rubanka
    This error is happening with any of these IMG files. I have three VM backup plans, each backing up one VM on a different day. These are the only large files I am backing up. They are 10s of GB each.

These files are not in use at the time of backup.

The backup jobs fail with the message shown in the attached FailMessage image.
    The detailed report produced by CBB is seen in the attached DetailReport image.

The message, "The server has waited too long for the request to be sent by the client" leads me to believe that something is timing out. That is why I shortened the chunk size to 5MB.

Please let me know if you would like any further details.

Thanks in advance for any help!

FailMessage:
    vvj4apt56cb42cl3.png

DetailReport:
    x48epoub0w06iul7.png
  • David Gugick
    This is going to need a support case. Use the Feedback option in the UI and Support should be able to provide additional assistance with OpenStack.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment