• larry
    I would like to understand more about the security between the backup agent installed on a desktop (windows) and the MSP 360 console. Security is a priority in our company and I have been unable to find any description or discussion on what steps are taken to secure the link between the desktop agent and the console.
  • David Gugick
    We use TLS 1.2 for all connections between the agent and management service - unless you are on an old OS that supports a lower TLS standard (like Windows Server 2003).
  • larry
    Thanks David, Any info on what MSP360 is doing to mitigate potential man in the middle attacks and.. when you might expect the adoption of TLS 1.3 in your products?
  • David Gugick
    No word on TLS 1.3 yet but I'll add your request in the system. regarding your other question, I'm not aware of any man in the middle attack vectors with TLS 1.2 and we do not support SSL 2.0 and 3.0. also, if you're concerned with actual backup data, that data is fully encrypted at the source, so even if they were a man in the middle attack looking at the data stream, the backup data goes directly from your clients to your cloud storage fully encrypted and would be useless to anybody looking at those data streams.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment