• Steve Eggo
    I have a list of Remote Computers, when I connect to them I have to supply the Password or PIN.
    I would like this to be saved with the Computer Name and ID
  • Sergey N
    Hello Steve,

Thank you for your feedback, I suggest that you try our newest product Managed Remote Desktop which is capable of doing that and has many more interesting features to try. You can start simply by registering here:

https://connect.mspbackups.com
  • Steve Eggo
    I followed the link, had to create a new account, get dropped onto https://connect.mspbackups.com/AP/Computers - this screen says No Computers, there does not seem to be an option to add any computers. There is a Try Managed Backup Service button, it is Managed Remote Desktop I am looking for.
    Attachment
    Screenshot (30K)
  • Sergey N
    Hello Steve,

You need to add the computers anew, you won't see your regular Remote Desktop installations there
  • David Gugick
    Go to the Download section and download Remote Desktop and install on your clients. They will then show up.
  • Steve Eggo
    OK, so I have downloaded and run RDSetup on local PC
    Selected Remote Computers Installation, under security added a password. Generated Script.
    I used the URL link on the remote PC, it downloaded a file like RDSetup_....exe which I ran and it installed. After restarting Managed Remote Desktop, I now see the Remote PC, when I connect it asks for password. How do I save the password against the remote PC ? I can add a display name. The Company is locked as Default Company as it was when I created the script.
    Is there an installable version of Manage Remote Desktop, or does it have to be run in a web browser ?
  • Fast
    Do you plan adding that feature to the remote desktop freeware? It is annoying for unsavvy users to always have to type the password, especially when that password is long and complicated, and stored in a password manager. It is the only thing missing from the freeware to make it a great product.
  • David Gugick
    Question: If you're using a password manager, can you paste the password to avoid having to type it? Or is something in the way the product is engineered preventing you from pasting a password you have copied to the clipboard?
  • Fast
    Hi David: yes, if you want to know, I was talking about LastPass. You can copy and paste passwords from it and I don't have any trouble with it. It's just that for some users who aren't familiar with computers, going into LastPass and finding the password to connect and then go back to the software to paste it is not easy as it is for us. I will explain further: before using MSP360 remote desktop at our company, we were using Chrome Remote Desktop. But it proved to be unreliable sometimes, so we are now trying out MSP360 Remote Desktop. Chrome Remote Desktop was easy because you could just ask it to remember your PIN or password. I installed MSP360 Remote Desktop for an elder colleague yesterday, and for her it's not just as straightforward as just launching the software and clicking on connect. Now, you have to go fetch the password in LastPass every morning you want to connect remotely. Add to that the fact that when you connect to a computer, it logs the user off, so it's a second password that users have to fill in. The remote desktop software password + the user account password. I think you're beginning to understand how it could be more user-friendly.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment