• ceetee
    I need to be able to skip folders based on path-patterns, to avoid the need for tedious (and constantly changing) de-selection updates.

e.g. Skip Folders: c:\users\*\foo\*\bar\*

Seems like a pretty basic requirement, but the GUI config editor appears not to allow this.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there an alternative approach or perhaps planned feature that can handle it?

Edit: even better would be support for regex path-matches, but I'd settle for wildcards at this point.
  • David Gugick
    I've added your comments to the existing feature request in the system for enhancements in folder exclusion. If the feature should be scheduled in a future release, someone will reach out to you to let you know.

Currently, you'd have to explicitly exclude the folders you do not want to back up.You can create one plan and then Clone it or Export it using Export Configuration to make it easier to apply to multiple computers. Or you can have a look at our CLI to be able to do this from the command-line: https://help.msp360.com/cloudberry-backup/command-line-interface/backup-restore-plans/managing-file-backups
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment