• Tadaaki Kutsuna
    Hi Cloudberry,

I'm currently using CloudBerry Explorer and CloudBerry Backup on AWS S3 in ap-northeast-1 region.
    The other day I received the following email from AWS.

Email body from AWS
    Hello,

In 2018, AWS announced a broad migration of AWS services’ SSL/TLS certificates to our own Certificate Authority, Amazon Trust Services. Consistent with this change, and beginning March 2021, Amazon S3 and Amazon CloudFront will begin migrating the Certificate Authority for each services’ default certificate. Using our own Certificate Authority, AWS services can better manage the security practices used to handle our default certificates.

Your action may be required to ensure your applications continue normal operation after this change. If you already use other AWS services, your application most likely already trusts Amazon Trust Services as many AWS services have already migrated. Visit https://www.amazontrust.com/repository/ for more information about Amazon Trust Services.

I would like to know if CloudBerry Expoler and CloudBerry Backup will not cause any problems when switching to Amazon Trust Services.
    Do I need to upgrade them to the latest version?

Thanks in advance,
    Tadaaki
  • David Gugick
    It's possible you may need to install the latest update, but the team will post an article about this after testing. Once I have additional feedback / information, I'll reply here.
  • Tadaaki Kutsuna

Thank you David

I will wait for your test to finish and the article to be posted.
  • John Edmondson
    Just following up, I have the same concern. We have until March, 2021
  • John Edmondson
    I looked at my windows trusted root certificates and saw I have an Amazon cert there. Also, I went here (found this) https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/security/how-to-prepare-for-aws-move-to-its-own-certificate-authority/ and when I clicked on the test links, other Amazon certs got added. It appears that if your windows 10 is updated properly, this should be seamless.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment