• Mike Jones
    I would like to back up a copy of my local files to both a local NAS and to S3 (AWS). Right now I have two backup plan, one for the NAS and one for AWS but I'm concerned that they may get out of sync over time if I change one and forget to change the other.

Is there any way to have one backup plan write the backup files to multiple backup targets?

• David GugickAccepted Answer
    For now, the Hybrid backup plan option is only available in the Windows version. We already have a request in the system to add this to the Linux and Mac platforms. I don't have a date yet, but I've added your request and someone will reach out when the work is scheduled.

In the meantime, you'll have to use two plans.
  • Mike Jones
    Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.
    I understand that's not necessarily a feature every home user would be looking for, but I worked for Veritas for 10 years selling NetBackup so I think about things a bit differently from most. :-)
  • David Gugick
    I actually agree with you and most home users would benefit from using hybrid plans. It's just that most home users don't have Linux machines. But many do have Macs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment