• Joseph
    I am trying to backup a small CentOS 7 Linux VPS to Wasabi using the Web Interface.

When I set up a Backup Plan I note that I am unable to access all the directories on my VPS when selecting files and folders to backup. The interface will only let me go so deep even though I know there are more directories to explore deeper in the file structure. I'm not sure why this happens.

I go as far as the Cloudberry Backup interface will allow and then check that box, expecting that it will backup all files and folders beneath that level.

However, when I run the backup I get the message, "Warning. One or more backup paths cannot be opened for reading."

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Does this have something to do with directory permissions?

Any assistance is sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Joseph
    Can anyone help?

I have attached a screenshot to illustrate my issue:

x6coy5puuapoha1l.png

As you can see, I am trying to backup the folders "asf" and "saucemania". However, after clicking the + symbol that usually opens up the directory structure within those folders, the + disappears and no further directories and files are displayed.

I suspect this is why the error message "Warning. One or more backup paths cannot be opened for reading " appears as these folders (and folders and files within) are not backed up.

What would be stopping me from exploring the file system on my VPS further? Is it directory permissions? Or something else?
  • David Gugick
    I’ve reached out to the Linux team for ideas on what might be going on. It’s likely permission related, but let’s wait and see what they recommend. In the meantime, is it possible for you to try the full UI?
  • Joseph
    Hi David, thank you for looking into this for me. I appreciate it.

When you say, "the full UI", what do you mean? I thought there was only the command line and the web interface. Is there something else?

I would prefer to use a web interface as I find it easier.
  • David Gugick
    Yes, there's a regular fat client for Linux that is installed (assuming you are running a GUI on Linux).
  • Joseph
    Hi David, can you please let me know how to access the regular fat client. Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    The icon to launch the UI should be right on your desktop, as CloudBerry Backup.
  • Joseph
    Hi David, thank you for the advice. I have downloaded this to my Windows Desktop and am looking into it now.
  • David Gugick
    You said you were on Linux - CentOS, right? If you are running with a GUI, then we install a full client on your Linux installation, locally. If I am misunderstanding your configuration, please clarify.
  • Joseph
    Hi David, yes I am on Linux CentOS 7. I am accessing the web interface via [MYIP]:43211

I am unsure how to access the full client on my Linux installation.
  • David Gugick
    Do you not see an icon on your Linux desktop? Or in the "Start" menu?
  • David Gugick
    See image:
    2020-09-22_132811.png
    Attachment
    2020-09-22_132811 (24K)
  • Joseph
    Hi David, I don't have a Linux Desktop. This is a VPS with root access hosted on the other side of the world.
  • David Gugick
    that's why I was asking if you had a GUI running on Linux. I assume you could have a GUi running, and you could remote into that Linux OS. But it appears you don't have one, so the fat client will not be an option.

You'll have to use the web interface, as you already know. I'm still waiting on a reply from support. If you have a paid version, you may want to simply open a support case on the web site.
  • Joseph
    Hi David, thank you but I am currently on the free version as the amount of data I am backing up is not very large and for personal use.

Please let me know what you hear back from support. I would like to able to back up all the directories I need but am currently unable to.

Thanks.
  • Joseph
    Hi, I am still interested in finding out how to solve this issue.
  • David Gugick
    The team requested that you open a support case. Please let Support know that I said / requested you open the case even though you are using a trial version.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment