• Garpe
    I configured the backup in "Real-Time", but it doesn't work. When I delete a local file, it does not delete the file in "AWS S3".
    The option "Delete files that have been deleted locally" (delete after 0 days) is enabled.

CloudBerry in "Real-Time Backup" plan does not work to delete files (Sometimes it doesn''t add new files to the destination either). I have been trying to work for days and it doesn't work. I put my CloudBerry to backup on a "Real-Time Backup" plan, but it does not delete the file on the destination "Amazon S3" after I delete it locally (I wait for hours and it does not delete on the destination).

It only works when I change it to the "Run Manually" plan, in which case it deletes the "Amazon S3" file.

I've tried help with msp360 support, but they couldn't help me.
    Can anyone help me?
  • David Gugick
    I think you're going to find the short answer is to not use Real-Time Backup. It's not available in our enterprise product because it has some limitations. You are probably better off simply changing the plan to a fixed schedule to run as frequently as needed. Can I ask about your particular use case and the need to remove files immediately?

I'll go ahead and ask the team what might be going on with the delete delays.
  • Garpe
    Hi David.
    Thanks for the answer.

I delete the files immediately to keep a full copy on the S3 in case of a crash or environmental problems.
    My Real-Time Backup is also not working for adding and updating files.
    Summing up CloudBerry's "Real-Time Backup" doesn't work.
  • David Gugick
    Separate from the need to change from real-time to a scheduled backup plan, deleting your backups immediately is risky and not recommended. The first issue you may run into is accidental deletion. if a file is accidentally deleted and your backup runs, it will detect the deletion and if your retention settings force an immediate deletion of the backup file, then your data cannot be restored. The other example would be something like a ransomware attack. Files are often renamed by the malware with the originals deleted, and again, if your backup runs then all the ransomware encrypted files are saved in backup storage but your original files are deleted.

It's best to delay the deletion for some period; whether that's a couple days or more. It's also a good idea to keep multiple versions (at least two) of each file. That will protect you against a file change (on purpose, accidental, or malicious) and then finding your only backup copy is the newly change, but bad one.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment