• Jared Pickerell - DCEduCoop
    I thought I had seen something at some point (as I knew that 2.4 allowed for multiple remote connections, which by the way is just FANTASTIC!!!), but don't seem to see it now. Are there release notes to version 2.4 some where? I don't see them pinned to the top of the forum as 2.2 and 2.3 were.

Also, any info on why product name was changed from Remote Assistant to Remote Desktop (if memory serves, may have happened at the 2.3 release??) Having same name as Microsoft Remote Desktop "terminal services"/Remote Desktop services, can be a little confusing, especially if walking an end user through opening the app and making sure it is the "correct" remote Desktop app/correct icon.

Thanks for a great FREE product!!! It is a huge lifesaver in working with 4 school districts that don't seem to have funds for the expensive "other" remote assistance products! I've been "testing" the app for around the last 12 months, have loved the improvements released, being worked on, Mac version in the roadmap, and have started using it more for remote help from beyond the firewall (free UltraVNC works well within the firewall, but not as easy to make work across network boundaries).

Thanks!
    Jared
  • Jared Pickerell - DCEduCoop
    An noticed today that previously was on v2.4.0.47 and today Check for update, showed version 2.4.1.19 so would be nice to know fixes in this last update as well if willing to share!

Thanks!
  • DaveT
    I totally agree about the naming. For the nth time today, I had to spend time explaining to a client that they had started the wrong program. No, not Remote Desktop that MS installs in Windows. The OTHER Remote Desktop. Seriously, who decided this? This is one of the most brain-dead decisions ever. This is SO unhelpful. The reason this software exists is to help all of us, the users, do their jobs more efficiently and effectively. This name change does just the opposite.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment