• MerleOne
    Hi,
    I have by mistake imported an existing bucket/vault from Amazon S3 Glacier on one PC in CBB7. Once imported, it sems to stay in the Backup Storage tab and is proposed each time a new plan is created. Is there a way to remove it from the list ?
    Thanks.
  • David Gugick
    I am not sure I completely understand what is going on. Could you describe in more detail exactly the steps that you used, and describe the problem and a little more detail so I understand exactly where we should go from here?
  • MerleOne
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply ! Not easy to explain. Let's say that, with the new CBB version, I created a new bucket on my AWS account, a S3 Glacier one, let's name it PC-A, I used it to perform a backup from my PC named ..."A".
    On another PC, named "B", I wanted to use another S3 Glacier bucket, called "PC-B". The real names are much longer of course, this is just to explain...
    As I chose a destination for a backup plan on "B" PC, I wanted to select PC-B bucket. But, due to a mistake (and their complicated names), I chose PC-A bucket. I realized that before backuping anything, which would not have been an issue, but I prefer to use PC-B bucket for "B" PC.

The issue is that once it has been "imported" in CBB, PC-A bucket appears as a possible destination on the CCB software installed on B. I would like to remove it from the lists of possible destinations and of backup vaults, until I really want to access it from B.

So far, I found no obvious way to do that. I don't want to delete the bucket, just to remove the reference from this second PC.

Hope this helps a little...
    Regards,
    .merle1.
  • David Gugick
    The issue is that once it has been "imported" in CBB, PC-A bucket appears as a possible destination on the CCB software installed on B. I would like to remove it from the lists of possible destinations and of backup vaults, until I really want to access it from B.MerleOne

When you say the list of possible destinations, can you describe exactly where you are seeing this? The stand-alone products do not share information between them, so I'll need you to explain where in the product you are seeing what you are seeing.
  • MerleOne
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. Here is how it looks :
    Windows capture
    I'd like to know if it's possible to remove the circled vault from possible backup destinations.
    Thanks !
  • MerleOne
    Oops, I finally found the solution : in the main menu there is the "Edit Storage accounts", there I can remove the vault I do not wish to see on this one PC.
  • David Gugick
    Thanks for the update!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube