• Yuri Alexandrov
    Hi!

First of all, sorry for sometimes poor English, it's not my native language.

I can't understand retention policy in new backup format. In previous (v6?) - I can specify details of retention - how old version should keep and how much versions of each file to keep. Also option to delete local deleted files. But in new backup format - no any options, except how old to keep. What about to limit number of versions? (in my opinion best solution for this in CrashPlan - ability to specify something like "keep hourly version of 24h, daily for last month, one version per year - user can change of course). But no any settings in new backup format. Also, May be this will be available in release version of new format?

Also, I'm very disappointed what in new version CBB still don't handle correctly windows symlinks :-(

And one more personal opinion - no any plans to convert old backups to a new format - a very bad practice and disappointing decision.
  • David Gugick
    What you’re asking for (GFS Retention) is already well into development and the new backup format was only the first stage of new features. In the meantime, if you need the options for versioning, continue to use the older format. That format will be around for some time. When GFS retention is ready for release, you can move to the new format and you’ll get that fine level of daily, weekly, monthly, annual control you’re looking for. Thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment