• paleolith
    Is it feasible to modify a backup config manually?

Background: I want to create a second backup plan with the same selection as the original. I can't just clone it because I want to create a hybrid plan with the same selection as a local plan. (This is related to what we discussed here a few weeks ago.)

I found the *.dbb XML files describing the plan on the backup destination, but it's clear that these are copied created during the backup, not the master plan specs. I see the specs in the XML, so if I could copy those to a different plan, I could possibly get the effect I want.

But I haven't found a similar XML file in any of the obvious places. I even poked around in the SQLite DB in ProgramData, but I don't see any specs there.

Edward
  • Matt
    Plan configs are actually stored in .cbb format and are located in C:\ProgramData\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup by default.

You need to replace the part below after creating a new hybrid plan.
    <Items>
    <PlanItem>
    <Path>C:\</Path>
    </PlanItem>
    </Items>
    It is responsible for your selected backup set.

Please note that a new full backup will still be triggered upon launching such plan, but only the files that are changed will be re-uploaded in that case.

In the future we'll introduce an ability to switch between regular and hybrid mode by editing a plan.
  • paleolith
    Ah, thanks. I had looked in ProgramData but I guess I was fooled by the GUID (or GUID-like) file names. Worked like a charm.

Switching regular<->hybrid would be good. What I'd really like (as we discussed in another thread) is a hybrid backup which would update the local backup on schedule even while the cloud backup was still incomplete. Dreams. ;-)

Edward
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet