• Carl Seibert
    I have a new backup that fails with the following error

data2/server_restore/cbs_data_documents/creek/scope/Consultant WA proposal CherryCreek Environmental Study_p2_harvey.doc File names must not contain unicode characters with codes less than 32

So I renamed the file. Same error. I deleted the file. The error persists. I deleted the file and its versions from the cloud backup via the Backup Storage tab in Cloudberry (Linux). The thing still errors. Even though it doesn't exist in either the share being backed up or (presumably) old versions on the cloud.

It's no big deal, but I really would like the results emails to be clean so that I don't have to stop and look at each one.

Anybody know how I might be able to make CCB forget about this silly file?
  • David Gugick
    Cloud Storage? Is it B2? I've only ever seen that error on Backblaze B2. Usually it means the file has illegal characters and wouldn't be transferred to B2, but since you say you've already removed it from the backup storage tab, it would sort of imply that the file maybe was already backed up. So I would go out to your backup storage, wherever it is, and make sure the file is officially removed from backup storage. If that doesn't work let me know, and we'll maybe have to have you open the support case.
  • Carl Seibert
    Yes, it's B2. I went back and made sure the file was deleted on the share and on the cloud through both Cloudberry's and B2's interfaces. And the stupid thing reappeared! Another round of deleting and the backup runs cleanly. I have now zipped the file and a couple of its ner-do-well friends and hopefully will see no more silliness. Thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment