• MQuinn
    0
    this is has happened a few times. i just tried to connect to a PC that I connect to everyday but couldn't. went to the remote PC and all the settings have changed. the Computer ID is different, it's not set up for unattended access any more, it's like it's a new installation. it's the latest version
  • Sergey N
    26
    a really interesting issue, please send us the logs from both of the machines mentioning this forum thread in the description. thank you.
  • MQuinn
    0
    i only just saw your request for the logs. I sent the logs from the PC which settings got wiped somehow. I refreshed Windows 2 days ago on the other PC so it's logs won't be any good will they? they won't go back back far enough.
  • smbreau
    0
    SAME. I spent so much time setting up my remote (work) computer to start Remote Desktop automatically every morning, and this morning out of the blue it now has a different Computer ID and PIN. I can't connect, so now I am losing a day of work. :sad:
  • Morph
    0
    I've been having this issue as well. At first I thought it was random, but it's happened now about 3 times with the current version. I get that I'm a free user, but it's becoming unreliable if you're going to be able to connect or not when you need to.
  • Morph
    0
    In case any MS360 tech reads this, I submitted (2) diagnostics which included the logs today. But being that I'm a free user and not commercial I've been told they've closed the tickets. But for reference they are:
    Case #: 00078163
    Case #: 00078165
  • David Gugick
    84
    I pinged support on these cases and asked them to make sure to send the information over to Engineering if they haven't already. I'll report back here if I get any feedback on your issue.
  • Morph
    0
    thank you!
  • Morph
    0
    HI David, any further word on this?
  • David Gugick
    84
    I checked with support and they have been unable to reproduce the issue in house. The logs did not reveal anything useful. Someone else internally is investigating, but no word yet.
  • AlexSeidel
    2
    Hi, I have RemoteAssistant running on several computers but there is only one who has shown this problem three times so far. Could not connect to this special one because the ID number has suddenly changed.The only noticeable difference is that on this PC the installation of RA was run by an account without admin rights requiring UAC password prompting. On all other PCs the installation was done by an admin user. I don't know if this has something to do with the problem, just an idea... ;-)

    Best,
    Alexander
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
quote
ulist
image
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 (CloudBerry) Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in the discussions!