• Chasim
    I recently installed Cloudberry Backup Desktop and successfully created and ran two Backup Plans - one to Amazon S3 and one to Amazon Glacier. I then purchased the Pro version and decided it was a good time to run Consistency Check on both Storage Accounts.

For Amazon S3 I received a "green checkmark", but for Amazon Glacier I received a "yellow exclamation point". The History for the Glacier Consistency Check showed a few dozen files with a Result of "Failed", but a Message of "File was not found in backup storage - resolved". My question is does "resolved" really mean that there is no problem? When I check Amazon Glacier on the Backup Storage tab it still does not show the files which were flagged, although that might be a refresh issue as Glacier might not really refresh until my next backup (or maybe 24 hours for the Amazon global inventory to update)? And, for what it is worth, from the History for the backup it does show that all the files in question had a Result of "Success".

One other question with Consistency Check, do I have to "Specify encryption password" in Setup Consistency Check if I want to set up a Recurring schedule? It would not seem so since my file names are not encrypted, but when I set up the Recurring schedule and click OK, then go back to Setup Consistency Check, the schedule is not there - it is still set to run manually.

Thanks!

• MattAccepted Answer
    Consistency checks are not really needed for Glacier due to specifics of that storage class(basically, once uploaded you need to try very hard to actually change data on their side) and their long inventory updates. "Resolved" status means that the records in your local database have been corrected according to the info that consistency check was able to acquire from storage.

As for the encryption password and schedule:
    1) You don't need to specify the password if you data is not encrypted.

2) Scheduling problem is a known issue which we're working on. R&D is already preparing a fix.
  • Chasim
    "Resolved" status means that the records in your local database have been corrected according to the info that consistency check was able to acquire from storage.Matt

Thanks for your reply, but could you please clarify what you mean. My local database (the actual files on my NAS) have not been changed - they're still there. So, are you really saying that if the Backup History shows that the files were successfully uploaded, the files are there and just ignore Consistency Check for Glacier?

I knew going in that Glacier had limitations, but I just want to confirm that my files are in fact there... Would it make sense to try to view them with Cloudberry Explorer or is that going to basically work the same as Cloudberry Backup's Backup Storage tab?
  • Matt
    By local database(repository) I mean the cbbackup.db file that is located in C:\ProgramData\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup\data by default. It is a file that contains records of all files uploaded to the cloud to avoid reaching out to cloud storage every time you need to check which files are there. So in case the data was changed outside of our software you would need to either
    run consistency check or synchronize the repository(tools > options > repository) for the software to update the info about your files on the storage side.

After consistency check/sync is finished you can navigate to the backup storage tab to see the most up-to-date state of your files.

Going via Explorer would basically work the same, each inventory request would take about 5 hours to complete, but status of some newly uploaded files still won't be updated momentarily, since they need some time to "settle" in Glacier after upload.
  • Matt
    Quick update for anyone interested: the issue was fixed in version 5.9, so please update to resolve the problem.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment