• sanferno
    Hi,

I uploaded to Azure a set of files without CloudBerry Backup. They are regular files, two folders, and several files inside each one. If I create a Backup Plan to upload more files to those two folders, is it possible to include the previous ones under the same in Backup Storage tab?

Cheers
  • David Gugick
    I think you are asking the following: You have already uploaded files to Azure and want to know if you create a CloudBerry backup plan for those folders and maybe some additional ones if we can use the files already uploaded. The short answer is, no we cannot. CloudBerry backups are in a proprietary format (unless you use the simple backup option). What I'd recommend is you create and run the new CloudBerry backup plan and once the files are backed up, you can go ahead and delete the old ones from Azure if they are no longer needed. If, however, you need those old files in their native formats, then you can leave them.
  • sanferno
    > I think you are asking the following
    Yes that's it. I uploaded with CloudBerry Explorer for Azure about 1.5TB of Blu-Ray ISO images (then set archive tier), so they are not "registered" by any CloudBerry Backup Plan.

Yesterday I got CloudBerry Backup Ultimate and, since now I don't have storage restrictions, I would like to manage all those files with CB Backup and the new ones I'll continue uploading. I looked for options, but it seems it's not possible to track the old files.

> unless you use the simple backup option
    I'm using that mode
  • David Gugick
    Ok then. If you are using Simple Mode, then you may be able to pick up the existing files. Have a look at relevant parts of this blog post that talks about how to make sure the Azure data is available by renaming the default Azure folder to match Backup Prefix and synchronizing the repository. https://www.cloudberrylab.com/blog/how-to-continue-backup-on-another-computer/
  • sanferno
    Sorry David, I said "simple mode" when it's "custom mode".

This is the situacion:

I have like 70 Blu-Rays burned with data that I keep as my local archive. These are Double and Triple Layer discs, storing 46 or 92 GB in each case. I want to have an exact copy of them in Azure Storage using Archive tier. I extract the images first, store them temporaly in my PC and then upload that iso file to the cloud. After the image has been copied to Azure, I delete the iso in my PC, and repeat the same steps with the next disc.

I'm currently at a 60% of the whole proccess (~2500 GB) and that took me like 3 weeks. I want to avoid by all means to start the operation from scratch.

So, if it's possible to track the files once they are in the cloud and have no relation with CBB Ultimate, perfect. If not, that's not a big problem since this is a special case, those files are there as a deep archive that maybe won't be recovered never.

When I started the process I only had CBB Desktop, and having the 5TB limit I didn't what to drain the limit with this case (~4TB total). Now with Ultimate, I'm free of that, so I woudn't mind to store the profile in the cloud. Remenber, though, that Azure Archive it's like Glacier, files are not really there, they take up the 15 hours to be available.

I could move the images to "hot" storage, but first I need to know it's possible to track the files in this scenario.
  • David Gugick
    Since you are moving them once and then deleting locally, you should be ok as long as you do not have the option set to Delete Files that have been Deleted Locally.
  • sanferno
    I do not have that option enabled. Inside the container there's just a folder containing all the images, should I follow anyway the steps in the link you provided before?
  • sanferno
    It worked!

I changed the type of backup plan from Custom to Simple and then run a Consistency Check and it read all the previously uploaded images! :starstruck:

Thank you David.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet