• Matthew Parker
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but I couldn't seem to find it. I am wanting to know how Cloudberry Drive can be opened on pc start up and have it minimise to the system tray without having to manually select 'Ok' to close it. Most other programs have a setting that you can enable to allow this, but I can't see this in CloudBerry Drive. Thanks in advance.
  • David Gugick
    The product runs as a Service and should be loaded automatically at OS start time and show up in the tray automatically. Are you trying to manually run the product in another manner? Any details would be appreciated.
  • Matthew Parker
    Cloudberry Drive is loaded with the OS start up, and does as you say show up in the system tray automatically. However, the program also opens on startup (Mapped Drive Options - All Users dialog) and the user has to select 'Ok' to minimise it to the system tray. Is there something I am missing as most other programs have something in the settings that allow the programs to open and minimise automatically to the system tray without the need for user input.
  • David Gugick
    That shouldn't be happening, which makes me think that you're trying to run the app somewhere, which would naturally load up the user interface. The app doesn't need to be loaded at startup as it loads as a service. That might be the issue.
  • Matthew Parker
    All that has been done is the new CloudBerry Drive software installed, the account and mappedDrives xml config files copied over from the old version and the pc restarted. Upon restarting the CloudBerry Drive TrayApp loads asking for the license key and after entering this the Mapped Drive Options - All Users dialog opens and the user needs to hit ok to minimise it to the system tray. This dialog will open each time the pc is restarted. The CloudBerry Drive Host, CloudBerry Drive Service and CloudBerry Drive TrayApp are all running in Background processes in Task Manager.
  • David Gugick
    Check your Task Manager - Startup tab and see if you have Drive starting. If so, disable it from that screen. Restart the PC and see if the service loads fine without the UI. If that does not address, I recommend opening a Support case. I suspect this is something the support team could figure out easily.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment