• Dustin
    I am looking for the best solution to protect my backups from MSP360 to B2. I'm using a 90 day retention on my backups but it appears of someone were to gain access to my server they could still open up the MSP360 software and just delete my backups from the Backup Storage tab and using the Delete Backup Data option. Is there anyway to prevent that type of manual deletion if someone gained access to my server? Can I enable Object Lock in B2 and prevent it that way or will that cause issues with the MSP360 operation?
  • David Gugick
    There’s an immutability feature coming (likely in the 7.2 version) that will lock the data for the duration specified in the GFS retention settings. So, you’ll need to use the new backup format in order to leverage immutability.

If you were using our Managed Backup, there are ways to disable the agent and lock it down with a master password. One thing you probably can do is run a backup to B2, object lock the data, change buckets and start backing up to an entirely different bucket to ensure the older backup is safe. You could also back up to an external HD and take it off site.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment