• Reddit User
    Hi there, I'm evaluating CloudBerry Backup Pro. So far there is a lot to impress. I'm left with a few questions, and in the interest of helping others who might be on the same path, I thought I'd ask them in this public forum.

Is it possible to encrypt the AWS keys, protecting them with a master password used, for instance, when opening the application? I might have missed that.

In the "Backup Storage" browser, which is very handy, I couldn't find an easy option to select a remote file and restore it immediately. Instead, selecting "Restore" triggers the Restore wizard, forcing you to cycle through all the screens and re-select the file. Did I miss something?

I couldn't find an option to ignore symbolic links when creating a backup plan. For instance, when a 1GB folder contains a symlink to a 4GB folder, I need the option to ignore it.

Oddly, the option to "Delete files that have been deleted locally" did not seem to work for folders. In Destination, synching leaves empty folders that were removed from the source -- and I could not manage to delete them through CloudBerry Backup.

Thank you in advance for helping me understand these points, and congratulations on a great-looking piece of software.
  • Denis Gorbachev
    Is it possible to encrypt the AWS keys, protecting them with a master password used, for instance, when opening the application? I might have missed that.

I'm not sure I understand what exactly you want to protect. If I'm correct 1. You would like to encrypt the user-side password for AWS?

Instead, selecting "Restore" triggers the Restore wizard, forcing you to cycle through all the screens and re-select the file. Did I miss something?

That's the very basic mechanics of our backup. We are restoring file only through restore wizard.

I couldn't find an option to ignore symbolic links when creating a backup plan. For instance, when a 1GB folder contains a symlink to a 4GB folder, I need the option to ignore it.
    We ignore those by default

Oddly, the option to "Delete files that have been deleted locally" did not seem to work for folders. In Destination, synching leaves empty folders that were removed from the source -- and I could not manage to delete them through CloudBerry Backup.

That might happen if you choose "Backup NTFS permissions".
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment