• Emy
    In the "Storage Account", under the "Consistency Check" tab, under the "Run consistency check for both formats: new and legacy" option, there is a "specify encryption password" checkbox.

What is it for? Why would one need a password to check consistency? :confused:
  • David Gugick
    if you encrypted your backup, then the consistency check cannot be done unless the encryption password is provided for the process.
  • Emy
    Right. but with or without entering the password, it doesn't seem to change a thing. It still says "completed" after running the consistency check (no error message). And the logs still say "PL] [11] WARN - Cannot load plan name CBB_Configuration\23e7a2e3-8a22-4409-923c-4a68b354356e.cbb as file is encrypted"
  • David Gugick
    Are you sure you are entering the correct encryption password? You can try a restore of a single file to be sure.
  • Emy
    Yes I just checked, correct encryption password, but the consistency check doesn't seem to do anything.

Is it because I switched the backup encryption to AES256?

"Comparing files. Currently compared 0": The number 0 doesn't change at all during the whole consistency check process.
    However, the consistency check always results in a "success" with or without password...
  • David Gugick
    I'm not sure. You changed the backup algorithm to AES-256 from what? When you enable or disable encryption, then the product needs to perform a new, full update of all data the next backup execution. If it was disabled and you enabled encryption, did you run a backup yet?
  • Emy
    I believe the default option was AES128. I changed it to AES256. I didn't run a backup prior to the change.

It looks like a bug. Do you want to see the logs?
  • David Gugick
    You can submit them to Support, but they cannot be posted here on the forums. If you have not run a backup yet, then there is no data to run a consistency check against, so I would not worry about that option until you've run the first backup. Please report back once you do that.
  • Emy
    Yes I did run the backup.

1- I made the change (from AES128 to AES256)
    2- I ran the backup a few times
    3-I tried multiple times to run a consistency check (with and without the password)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment