• goertzenator
    I've started working on a Nix/NixOS package for Cloudberry Backup. Things are going okay so far; I've resolved all the deps and shared lib paths so that cbb programs can start, but I am in need of a few hints now:

1. I see programs reaching for the path "/opt/local/..." which does not exist on NixOS. Is this hard coded or can it be tweaked with configs or env variables?
    2. cbbGUI and cbbCommandLine appear to hang, possibly waiting for some IPC. Hints? Disclaimer: I've never used cbb before and haven't worked through the service startup parts yet.

I'll keep chipping away at this, but any supports and shortcuts would be appreciated. Also, if this is going to be impossible I'd like to discover that sooner than later.

Thanks,
    Dan.
  • Julia
    Thanks for your interest in CloudBerry Backup. I have to say that we have never tested it over NixOS. The "/opt/local/..." path is used for storing settings and configurations. I am afraid it won't work properly on your environment.
    Is it the only source that you are going to use for the backup? As a workaround you can install the product on another supported system (https://www.cloudberrylab.com/backup/linux.aspx) and back up your files as a share.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to MSP360 Forum!

Thank you for visiting! Please take a moment to register so that you can participate in discussions!