• Tyson Nielsen
    I'm having trouble backing up files that were touched by a Mac (invisible Icon/r files). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 5.9 will have that fixed, but if it doesn't I may need to switch to using a Mac to backup my files as it has no problems with the Icon/r files.

I was curious if there is a date in mind to release 5.9?
  • Julia
    This is a known issue, right. It is considered to be addressed in future releases but I am afraid it won't be a part of release 5.9. However, I will double-check and get back with an update.
  • Tyson Nielsen
    That is correct, it's a known issue. Thanks Julia!

It's too bad the Mac and Ultimate backups can't see each other. I wouldn't hesitate to use the Mac one for now, but I don't want to re-backup 30TBs of data if I can avoid it!
  • Andrey

Please describe your use case.
    You have NFS share on mac, that you back up by Windows Backup from another PC ?

Thanks
  • Tyson Nielsen
    We have a Windows Server file share as well as two Synology NAS units that both PC and Mac users to store files on. With Cloudberry Backup Ultimate, it skips the vast majority of files touched by Macs because of the invisible Icon/r files. I went ahead and did a trial of the Mac desktop CloudBerry backup and it's able to backup all files.
  • Julia
    Thanks for the details. Yeah, this is exactly the issue we consider as a known. The only way for now is to use Mac client to back up those files.
  • Tyson Nielsen
    Thanks - I will for now purchase the Mac desktop version and hope that the Backup Ultimate version gets fixed at some point (we bought that version already). I'm happy to help be a tester if you need in the future.
  • Andrey

We have tried to reproduced, backup and restore was successful.

1. Share folder on windows 2012
    2. Create folder from mac pc and assign image. Icon\r files are created.
    3. Backup from windows agent was successful
    4. Restore from windows agent was also successful
    5. Restored folder's image is not displayed correctly, need to dig more in that, but files are created as in original folder.

What is your concern?
  • Tyson Nielsen

Are you using CloudBerry Backup Ultimate to test? This happens from both the Server 2012 network share and from our Synology NAS'. When it fails it skips the folder or file and moves on to the next. Here is the error we get on any backups with Icon\r files:

2018-04-25 09:50:45,228 [Base] [1] ERROR - Failed to combine: 'FiretempLogos' and 'Icon
    '
    2018-04-25 09:50:45,229 [Base] [1] ERROR - Error on list directory
    System.ArgumentException
    Illegal characters in path: 13. Position: 4. Path: 'Icon
    '
    at vG.A(String )
    at vG.B(String , String )
    at vc.A(String , String , String , Boolean , Boolean , SearchOption )

I'm happy to send you logs or do a remote session to show you as well. I'd much prefer to use Ultimate over the desktop Mac version.
  • Tyson Nielsen
    Any chance this will be fixed soon? I'd love to start using Ultimate again. I miss it!
  • Matt
    There's no ETA yet, but we're working on that.
  • Tyson Nielsen
    Checking in again on this since it's been a few months. Any update? :pray:
  • Matt
    Sorry, no updates yet.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention