• Derrick
    Hello, I am trying to restore a pst file that is in the C:\Users\Username\appdata\local\Microsoft\Outlook I checked the backup plan and I do have that folder checked but when I try to do the restore I don't see that folder. Any suggestions?
  • David Gugick
    So you explicitly selected that folder for backup? Can you check under that folder in the backup plan to make sure you didn't accidentally select a file in that folder. Trying to confirm that folder was backed up.

Are you restoring from the same PC?
    Do you see that folder in the Storage tab? If so, any files backed up from that folder?
    What are your retention setting in the backup plan?
  • Derrick
    Yes, I am sure that I do have a checkmark on the folder and a checkmark beside the .ost file and I verified this by editing the backup plan. Now I create a restore plan and under restore source, I drill down to the user folder, and inside I do not see the app data folder I do see desktop, documents, download, and other folders.
    I am on my workstation trying to restore it to the staff member's computer. bare with me I am fairly new with this but I don't see or know where the storage tab is, I am doing all of this from the remote management area and then clicking on the desktop and creating a plan to restore
  • Steve Putnam
    Does the plan have "Do not backup System and Hidden files" checked? The Appdata folder is a hidden folder
  • David Gugick
    in addition to what Steve asked, there should be no reason I can think of to back up an OST file as they are just synchronized from the server data. So if you just recreate a new file it'll all sync from the server. Only PST files really need to be backed up since they are considered local archives.

Maybe you meant to type PST like you did in the title. Can you answer Steve's question please.
  • Derrick
    Thanks got it!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube