• Edward
    I'm trying to set up a backup plan on a rotating drive scheme, following https://www.msp360.com/resources/blog/how-to-use-rotating-drives-strategy/

However, the plan always ends up with "interrupted by user" before it starts.

Digging into the logs, I keep getting these lines:
    [PL] [1] NOTICE - Repository update for account RotatingDrives is started
    [PL] [1] WARN - Plan cf86980f-23c3-45b9-ac36-0800b8a66493 will be stopped because it using connection that will be synced
    [PL] [1] NOTICE - Stopping plan: Backup Hyper-V Daily (cf86980f-23c3-45b9-ac36-0800b8a66493)

My pre-backup action is:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\tkc.io\online backup\cbb.exe" account -s "RotatingDrives"

Has something changed in the way this needs to be configured? Do I need to
  • Julia
    This is a known issue - thanks for bringing it up. We are going to re-consider the rotating drive scenario.
    As a workaround, you can edit the configuration file of the backup plan (.cbb) - it is located in C:\ProgramData\CloudBerryLab\CloudBerry Backup and set <SyncBeforeRun>false</SyncBeforeRun> to true.
    Please let me know if it helped.
  • Edward
    Ticket number #171034

The response back was:
    Please perform the steps below for troubleshooting:

1. Please navigate to this folder C:\ProgramData\tkc.io\
    2. Open file cf86980f-23c3-45b9-ac36-0800b8a66493.cbb in the Notepad
    3. Change the line <SyncBeforeRun>false</SyncBeforeRun> to <SyncBeforeRun>true</SyncBeforeRun>
    4. Remove a pre-backup action to syncronize the drive
    5. Reproduce the issue and let us know if it helps or not

The plan is currently progressing, and logs indicate that a sync occurred.

I'm guessing this is a case of integrating syncing better in the back-end, and the GUI and documentation being slightly behind.
  • Julia
    Thanks for the update! The provided steps are correct for now and it is the only workaround at the moment. We are going to rewrite the documentation to avoid confusion.
    Please inform how the plan has been going.
    Thanks!
  • Tylan
    This needs to be linked on the original blog article. Very helpful. I have had this issue since January, and was told that it was logged as a bug. I didn't know there was this workaround. If support told me to do this I must have missed it. Thanks
  • Julia
    Thanks for the follow up - we have placed the workaround on the related blog.
  • Tylan
    Has this been resolved? What'd the current method for rotating drives on v 6.0.0.245?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment