• Ingrid Ticks
    Hi,
    I'm using backup of some machines and I'm uploading to wasabi bucket.
    In wasabi we cannot delete files before 90 days from the backup data.

And I'm having the following problem:

The executable backup and delete the metadata, it performs the deletion and doesn't know how to prevent it.

Backup does not run successfully and is charging early delete.

Is anyone aware of this problem?
  • David Gugick
    You can delete data from Wasabi before 90 days. That's not an issue. You will be charged an early delete fee, but it's no more or less than what you would pay if the data were there the full 90 days. If you want to keep data for the full 90 days because you are going to pay for it anyway, then you need to change your retention to maintain those backups for longer to better coordinate with the wasabi policy. You're saying that the backup does not run successfully, and I would need more information about what you're seeing in the warning or error on the backups to know better how to help you correct it. Please provide as much information as you can on the actual error and your retention settings for best assistance. Thanks.

The other option you have is to move to our integrated Wasabi storage. We can sell you wasabi storage directly at exactly the same price of $5.99 per terabyte, but we only require a 30-day retention on the backup data.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment