• Lou Syracuse
    What are the possibilities of getting a 'default bucket' as part of the CS3 account setup?

Here's the scenario:

A client sends me keys and the name of the bucket I need to access. I fire up CBE and enter the keys and test connection - all good. Then I open the connection - and all I get is a blank root directory because they did not grant me ListBucket rights. They don't want me to see what the other bucket names are even if I can't look inside, they just want me to go to my bucket.

If I knew the bucket name (which I do), then when connecting then CBE could open that bucket for me as soon as I open the connection.

Whatchathink?

Thanks in advance,
    Lou

• David GugickAccepted Answer
    I think your client should be setting the target bucket name in the role as described here: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/config/latest/developerguide/s3-bucket-policy.html#required-permissions-using-servicelinkedrole

What happens if you type in the bucket name into the folder text box? If you can type it in, then you can save as a favorite to get there easily in the future. If you cannot type in the bucket name without an error, then it sounds like the permissions may not be set up correctly.
  • Lou Syracuse
    I didn't know you could type the bucket name into the folder text box. That solves my problem!
    My connection tests fine, but it won't find the bucket. it also won't find the bucket when I try to get to it in a C# program ( a process I was trying to avoid for a one-time download) so it looks like a rights issue on their side.

Unfortunately I can't talk directly to their IT staff; I have to go through my contact who goes through their contact.... (sigh).

Thanks again for the tip!
    Lou
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube