• daddiofaddio
    When selecting an S3 bucket for backup storage in Linux Backup it doesn't seem possible to select a specific subfolder within the bucket itself. Every other backup program I have used includes this option. Is this an option that I missed? If not, can it be added as an option?
  • David Gugick
    There is no such option as far as I'm aware. Backups will be placed in the target bucket in folders named according from the endpoint backup prefix and plan names. Can you describe your use case in more details as to why you need this feature?
  • daddiofaddio
    I have CB installed on three different servers. I also use multiple other backup programs and also have different crons set to backup settings, etc., and then auto upload to different cloud storage providers. I have created separate buckets for each server and then subfolders within each bucket for each backup program/cron for the particular server. This setup -- at least to me -- makes it easier to monitor whether each program has backed up and uploaded correctly to the different cloud storage platforms. Since it's not possible to select a specific subfolder for CB, I need to create a separate bucket just for CB separate from the individual server buckets and then backup all of the individual servers within the same bucket. Maybe I'm being overly picky, but all of the other backup programs I use allow selection of subfolders (or allow manual input of the direct path to a subfolder).
  • David Gugick
    I would recommend you use (as you described) a dedicated bucket for CloudBerry backups to avoid mixing our backups in the same bucket with object I/O operations from other products. I realize it's not exactly what you want, but I think it's safer in the long run.
  • daddiofaddio
    Ok, thanks for your help.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube