• 98410koauka
    It appears that there has been some discussion about the remote hidden taskbar not being accessible. For me, being able to access the remote taskbar is around a 8% success. Recently I did manage to get it to show after asking to "switch positions" and then cancel. Was not successful on the second attempt. Anyone... any thoughts.

Also, is there anyway to "send" a Windows key request.... just the Windows key. That would open up the "Start" menu and could simply go about business choosing a program to run or conduct a search, etc.

Thanks in advance.
  • David Gugick
    Can you clarify what you're talking about with the remote hidden taskbar? I'm not sure I fully follow.

CTRL+ESC should open the Start Menu. I don't use the Windows key, so I'll have to do some testing myself to see how that works.
  • 98410koauka
    David,

Thanks for your reply. Somehow over the many years I've been associated with Windows, I've missed the CTRL+ESC key combination for accessing the Start menu. Apparently it does act exactly the same as the Windows key alone.

Now, what I meant was when the Windows taskbar has the "Auto-hide the taskbar" property ticked.... thus, when the cursor is not on the taskbar... it hides... and no matter how long I place the cursor in the vicinity of the hidden taskbar... it does not reappear. Now not a problem if the CTRL+ESC when sent, responds correctly. at the distant end.

vkw9n2as1jp07tkj.jpg
  • David Gugick
    I'll have the team check the auto hide taskbar option.
  • David Gugick
    I just tried and had no issues getting the taskbar to pop up when the mouse was over the region that triggers this. I tried on Windows 10. Looking at your screenshot, I am assuming you are on an older OS. What version are you using?
  • 98410koauka
    Win 7 Pro... fully updated until I couldn't.
  • David Gugick
    I'll ask the team to see if they can test this on Windows 7. Can you verify by making sure you are running full screen to ensure you cannot trigger the taskbar to open? Can you also tell me what resolution you are running on the Windows 7 system and what resolution you are running on the system you are using to connect? Thanks.
  • 98410koauka
    Tried both maximized and resized.... there was discussion here that indicated resized may help if I remember correctly... didn't help.. As for resolution on the screens (dual screen setup). it's 1920x1080 on both. As I'm now at what was the remote I'm just guessing a slightly lesser resolution there.... laptop attached to a 19" flat panel. Sorry. Please note... the laptop has no problem when using Log-me-In to a different XP machine nor when using Chrome Remote Desktop to yet a different Win 7 Pro machine.

Note... both Win 7 Pro & I get to the laptop about once a week.

Again, thanks for your time & effort.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet